An online giving program for FPC has been provided through the Presbyterian Foundation, which offers this service for PC(USA) congregations and related ministries. There are a number of benefits to an online giving option, including:
- The program accepts electronic funds transfer (EFTs) and credit/debit card payments at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Online giving makes it very convenient for out-of-town members, homebound members, and online worshippers to donate.
- A free GivePlus Church mobile app is available through the App Store and Google Play. Search for “GivePlus Church” to download the app, then be sure to allow access to location services if you’d like to use the app’s Find Churches Near Me feature.
- Donors can set up recurring donations.
- Donations can be designated just as they are now—for pledges, Capital Improvement Fund, Two Cents a Meal, Food Pantry, memorials, etc.
- Every online donation will generate an automatic acknowledgement email to the donor, and the Foundation will also provide a year-end gift summary to donors for tax reporting.
There is no cost to the church for using this service, but there is an administrative fee of 2% per transaction to cover the operational costs of the program. For example, if a donor gives $100, FPC receives $98, and the Foundation retains $2. The full amount paid by the donor is tax deductible, and donors may choose to cover the cost of the administrative fee if they wish.